UNIX/Linux Programming - May 2015

Signal Handler for all 64 signals

please let me know a quick way to write default signal handling for all 64 signals in Linux system c...
[1 reply] : You can try a for-loop: for all the signals call signal( signa... (by koothkeeper)
How read serial without consume byte

Hi! I have to develop API that when arrive byte by serial communication, only consult the serial...
[1 reply] : Depending on what class you use, it's possible. You can use putback()... (by koothkeeper)
Why close other end of pipe?

Why a process should close the other end of the pipe that it doesn’t use ?
[5 replies] Last: Thanks dhayden...sorry for misunderstanding booth (by csstudent123)
by mogha
Data Shared Memory

Hi, I have data shared memory which i am using as lookup space.I have key and its associated data...
[6 replies] Last: You said it's in shared memory, which means it's shared between proces... (by dhayden)
How to make the gotoxy function??

Hi everybody. I am trying to program ascii games in the console, such as the snake, or the tron, and...
[2 replies] Last: Curses would be the best solution for a full on, text-based app. But y... (by andywestken)
Stack Smashing detected in IPC

program 1 to send message: #include<iostream> #include<sys/msg.h> #include<sys/ipc.h> #include<cst...
[2 replies] Last: I am following the examples from handouts to solve new problems, (by csstudent123)
An example of waitpid()

I want to modify this program using waitpid() only to output 121 #include <iostream> #include ...
[no replies]
Error with Vector of Vectors of Custom struct

static struct Color //line 31 { double x, y, z; std::string hex; }; static std::vect...
[5 replies] Last: I was using it as a single vector, not a vector of vectors. Sorry. Tha... (by toad1359)
by mogha
makefile

In one of make file from my project i encounter below LDFLAGS LDFLAGS += --hash-style=sysv Cou...
[2 replies] Last: Idea is to build the application of CentOS Linux release 7.0.1406 (Co... (by mogha)
by ugiwgh
memcpy poblem

Is there any diffent between memcpy(dest,src,srcsize) and memcpy(dest,getdata(),datasize)? Any help...
[3 replies] Last: I'm going to guess that `getdata()' is returning the memory address of... (by ne555)
Hey im new learning sockets in linux

Hello would someone be able to give me the source for a server and client. Not to copy and paste, B...
[2 replies] Last: No this is good thank you learning alot from it thanks again. (by Cylarnet)
Running Opencv sample in linux terminal

I want to run select3dobject.cpp from opencv samples in ubuntu 12.04 virtual machine terminal .I suc...
[3 replies] Last: The program will generate a lot of images, the output_prefix refers to... (by ne555)
FOrk and processes, how does it work

Hi. I do know the concept of process, but I do not know how it relates with fork(); Suppose I ...
[5 replies] Last: thanks (by csstudent123)
Comparing a double with another calculated double fails on 32Bit Linux only

Hi, Why does the following two "if"-statements result in two different behaviors (on Linux 32Bit ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for your answer. It is clear that i can't expect same resul... (by sneakfun)
by mogha
TCP

Hi All, I am looking for the code/logic to extract TCP timestamp. (a) Sender timestamp (b) Rep...
[no replies]
Help! Need to design and implement a basic shell

Hi guys. Please any input from you will be very helpful. I am trying to design a shell with the foll...
[2 replies] Last: thanks, will search, if any prob I come back (by csstudent123)
by oseri
GDB setting a breakpoint in a strange file

I'm learning GDB, and trying to step through my singleton program. Now, I would expect that break ...
[1 reply] : You are probably being bitten by compiler optimization -- add -O0 (tha... (by koothkeeper)
Help with regular expressions

Help with regular expressions I do not speak English'm using a translator I am trying to extra...
[1 reply] : #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <regex> #include <str... (by ne555)
Difficulty with classes and pointers

I want to make an histogram of a particle that isn't defined in the classes files. Here is my code:...
[5 replies] Last: bool user_1::Execute(SampleFormat& sample, const EventFormat& event) ... (by ne555)
by dezire
Combining Multiple Behaviors- Robotics

hi .. i ham working on Player/stage project and i need to compile multiple behaviors . I have to ma...
[no replies]
May 2015 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [apr2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.