Windows Programming - May 2015

Window Graphics Errors

How do I correct the following errors?: 1>------ Build started: Project: C12Window, Configuration:...
[no replies]
How to solve this Error

i have to solution one is server another one is client.using client i try to get the values from se...
[no replies]
Create standalone (indipendent) exe

Hi, i wish to understand what code habit i should take in order to develop indipendent application ...
[17 replies] Last: Did you use "release" mode? In my app I used only winapi, in release m... (by TheHardew)
Button not showing, a possible problem because of trying to redirect it to a specific WndProc

The title says everything. I've uploaded the code so that all of you could reproduce the problem, he...
[1 reply] : i only checked WObject.cpp LRESULT WObject::WindowProcedure(UINT uMs... (by tath)
by JayCee
What do these errors mean?

I am still pretty much a beginner but have managed to get some programs, albeit small stuff, working...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks kbw, you provided the correct clue, I was loading the files to ... (by JayCee)
How read serial winthout consume byte

Hi! I have to develop API that when arrive byte by serial communication, only consult the serial ...
[1 reply] : look on msdn at COMSAT: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windo... (by Texan40)
by ldor
mciSendString problem under Windows 7

Hi I have an old program which I wrote yet under Windows 98 using Windows API. I used MCI interfa...
[no replies]
C++ Win32 GDI+ Scaling Shapes with Windows Resizing

Hi i just started Win32 for my School project and i have a problem in it when i create some shapes l...
[1 reply] : You can get the window client size with GetClientRect(): RECT r; Get... (by ahcfan)
Development Graphics bmp in driver spooler

Hi! I have to develop printer spooler driver to own phisycal printer. I'm using WinWDK 7600 to dev...
[1 reply] : I'm not sure what you're asking? Take a look at this: https://code.m... (by coder777)
by xoxos
advice for legacy system graphics

i'm looking for any general advice regarding graphics programming on an old XP system - i've been...
[no replies]
Process not Outputted?

It appear that for some reason, my code won't output the process information. On the error log, the...
[3 replies] Last: Not a bad idea, I'll try it. (by icemewtwo64)
DirectX DrawText Max Rectangle Size

Hello, my DirectX Applictaion uses LPD3DXFONT DrawText method to render text. STDMETHOD_(INT, Draw...
[no replies]
by Stom
CAPIHook::sm_LoadLibraryA cannot be defined in the current scope

Hi, I use CAPIHook class, and I want use this inside void not out of void CAPIHook CAPIHook::sm...
[1 reply] : What does 'void' refer to in this context? For now I'll assume that yo... (by Computergeek01)
by anhnha
Many instances run on many cores?

I have a problem and need some help.e For example, I have an MFC app for image processing written i...
[4 replies] Last: Just too stupid question to even bother about. Answers are two same im... (by xcomwarr)
SDL Game Lag??[pong game]

This is really frustrating me...Why is it that the game runs smoothly sometimes but other times it l...
[1 reply] : Don't use cout in the game loop. It can slow things down quite a bit. ... (by Peter87)
Registry - where are stats stored, I need boot counter

Hi, I need to find counter of how many times windows was booted, I know it's somewhere in the regis...
[2 replies] Last: Yes, that's the place. Thank you very much Texan40! (by fries100)
Book recommendations for a beginning Windows programmer

Hello. It's been a few years since I started programming, (1 year with C++ and 2 years with Java)...
[9 replies] Last: These are the kinds of questions I love. You may gain some info on th... (by freddie1)
by chcsum
PERFORMING DISK SCHEDULING USING C++

I need help to implement any of the disk scheduling algorithm using C or C++
[no replies]
by hesm
using object of derived class instead object of base class in argument of function in derived class

Our apologies if the title is not appropriate. How can i solve below problem? class IA { }; class ...
[5 replies] Last: You can't derive from ITester and then change the type of parameter th... (by andywestken)
by Gyiove
Need someone to test my code

Hello everyone! I need you to test my code and i want to see your results. With results i also w...
[1 reply] : I've got two ide's: VS 2013 and VS 2015 RC. For VS 2013 I have two com... (by TheHardew)
May 2015 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [apr2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.