Code::Blocks CRASH!!!

I have a huge problem with code blocks.

Recently, I uninstalled code blocks. I couldn't find the application of Code blocks under "Uninstall a Program" in Control Center, so I just deleted the Code Blocks directory manually. I then downloaded visual c++ express 2010. After a week or so, I decided that I didn't like it, so I uninstalled Visual c++ 2010 and reinstalled Code blocks. After that, I updated the compiler with the one at:

http://nuwen.net/mingw.html

I changed the directory information in Compiler toolchains under GNU GCC with the appropriate ones. But, every so often, a random message appears on my screen:

Cross-platform IDE built around wxWidgets, designed to be extensible and configurable. has stopped working

The program then crashes. This happens randomly and I don't know the cause.

Help needed urgently.
ANOTHER PROBLEM!!:

I am getting an "Environment Error" Can't find compiler executable in your configured search path's for GNU GCC compiler"

This happens whenever I start up code blocks. When I go back to compiler settings to see what happened wrong, the default compiler packaged with CodeBlocks is used instead of the one I just downloaded. I keep resetting the directory back to the new one, but every time I open code blocks, the compiler displays this message and resets the directory back!

ALSO:
Cross-platform IDE built around wxWidgets, designed to be extensible and configurable. has stopped working

only appears when I build my project. It builds and runs successfully, but right after that, it crashes.
I doubt that has anything to do with how you "uninstalled" Code::Blocks earlier or how you configured the new installation. The toolchain is only invoked when you build or debug a program. Code::Blocks is probably just crashing. I'd try building it from source with debug information to see what's causing the crash.

EDIT: You could try deleting the configuration files, which are probably stored in AppData\Roaming\.
Last edited on
How would I do that?

Also, now the compiler isn't even working!
It is giving me an error when I build a program saying that the compiler is invalid.

http://postimg.org/image/xlhd2phfn/

EDIT:

I tried deleting defauly.conf and an option popped up with all the compilers. All of them were shown as invalid.
Last edited on
You could try deleting the configuration files, which are probably stored in AppData\Roaming\.
I tried deleting default.conf, but now it says the compiler that was packageed with codeblocks cannot be found. What if I reinstall codeblocks and the new compiler, would that work? Should I just installed the version without the compiler and then download the compiler separately?
Registered users can post here. Sign in or register to post.